Sure Joe has had to go toe to toe with Sarah Palin, but did you know there was another woman trying to defeat the Delaware Senator?
I didn't either, but as the races flashed by all the networks told me that Joe had won his Senate seat (nice back-up plan that it looks unlikely he will need). The picture of the challenger caught my eye though.
Yep, I can now say that I had a coffee date with a future candidate for U.S. Senate. Not a very successful candidate, mind you, but it's still a good D.C. story. Obviously the relationship went about as far as her campaign did. (And even calling it a date might be pushing it. It was a quasi-set-up with our mutual friend at the table. Neither one of us seemed very interested.)
Hard to believe I've been here in the Bush Leagues for 6 years. Looks like things are about to change now though.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
back off, Christine ;-)
Post a Comment