Obama was calm, cool, and slick as always. I do actually think he has a good temperament to be President. Too bad I still care about his positions on issues. Luckily for him, most swing voters really don't care about policies (even if they say they do). The "deciders" will vote on "feel" and Obama probably makes them feel pretty comfortable.
John McCain on the other hand could only get out a handful of sentences without some verbal blunder. As David Brooks said on PBS, "Who do you really want to see on your TV for four years?" While I care more about who I'll see on the Supreme Court in four years, stuttering out the right answers likely won't cut it in today's society.
The odds for a President Obama just went up. (You could see it in the eyes of Fred Barnes and Bill Kristol on Fox News.) Only Putin or another big October surprise can save us now.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment