I have been thinking a lot about food lately. Short term this has been caused by a recent fatigue-spell (one of many that I have experienced over the last 20 years). This was the first in almost a year since making some rather big changes to my diet; changes that I recently let slide, then really dropped the ball on since an Easter sugar-binge. Well, I paid for all that this week, and just tonight broke out of the brain-body-energy fog. I had forgotten how crappy I felt in one of those spells, and how good it feels to break out. So, this posting is mostly for me. Message to future me: don't eat that chocolate and all that bread, no matter how good it looks and how long you've felt fine and convinced yourself maybe it wasn't the food after all, and what would one pint of ice cream hurt . . . .
OK. Beyond this week, I've been thinking about food more broadly. Recent books include Dominion by Matthew Scully and The Omnivore's Dilemna by some guy whose name I can't remember. In some ways I have come a long way in my food journey. (Currently there is are multiple varieties of tofu in my 'fridg---I never would have bet on that a few years back.) In most ways, I'm still pretty locked into the mainstream food system. So, consider this a teaser for more food thoughts. To keep the fog at bay, I'm off to bed.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment