Saturday, January 24, 2009

Now Appearing at NewMajority.com

I am pleased to announce that your favorite timber embracer is now a part of the New Majority team. Former W aide and well-known conservative writer David Frum is trying to start a conversation that leads to a bright future for the GOP. I am happy to chip in.

My first post is here.

While the initial piece is on our tone of debate as a minority party, I will primarily focus on the environment. A broader range of topics will continue to exclusively be available here at republicantreehugger. Of course, I'll also link you to anything I post on NM here as well.

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a life long Republican who voted for Eisenhower the first time I was eligible to vote, I have finally re-registered as "decline to state". I didn't leave the Republican party, it left me.

The tone of those who spoke for the Republican party was offensive to me. The more "conservative" the party became, the more distanced they were from respectful debate on the issues and an attempt to understand the positions of others. Instead those who saw things differently were demonized and accused of lack of loyalty to their country, their party, their values.

The commentators on Fox News did not represent me or my positions. They showed contempt for those who might challenge them. They represent the height of arrogance.

Democracy is strongest when we have healthy and respectful debate on the serious issues that face us. I have hope that we can now come together as a nation and accept and welcome our differences and value all who love this country, including those who have come here seeking refuge over the course of our history.

Ann